Synergy of projects in water resources data management
Workshop on topic “Synergy of Projects in water resources data management” was held on May 20, 2016 in Training Center of the Department of Water Resources and Land Improvement, which was organized by the Project Implementation Unit of “National Water Resources Management Project, Phase –I” under Department of Water Resources and Land Improvement.
Workshop was participated by representatives from various projects including international:
- “Forming decision-making system based on results of environmental monitoring and aimed to environmental and economic development of territory of the Issyk-Kul lake (KGZ-Water/Issyk-Kul)” Project (State Agency of Environmental Protection and Forestry under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic (SAEPF));
- “Modernization of hydrometeorological service in Central Asia” Project (Agency on hydrometeorology under the MES);
- Strengthening National Water Resources Management System Project for the National Prosperity of the Kyrgyz Republic (State Agency on Geology and Mineral Resources under the GoKR);
- “Facilitation with limited cooperation and integrated water resources management of the Chu-Talas River Basins” Project (PIU UNDP KR);
- Project of the Central Asian Institute of Applied Researches of the Earth (CAIARE);
During the workshop Project Implementation Unit of the “National Water Resources Management Project, Phase –I (NWRMP Phase-1)”, Water Information System (WIS) was presented presentation on topic: “National Water Resources Management Project, Phase-1”. Reporter is WIS Coordinator, Karypov Azamat Asankaryevich. (Presentation of NWRMP-1 PIU)
“National Water Resources Management Project, Phase–I (NWRMP Phase-1)” is aimed to improve Irrigation Service Delivery to Water Users Associations.
“Forming decision-making system based on results of environmental monitoring and aimed to environmental and economic development of territory of the Issyk-Kul lake” Project. The objective of this project is: optimization of collection process, processing and analysis of information on status of Issyk-Kul lake based on actual data, which is received during the monitoring of water quality in order to improve decision-making process of environmentally justified decisions focused on sustainable development and resolution of such global issues as adaptation to climate change based on pilot oblast.
Also capacity building of persons who responsible for environmental monitoring, analysis, evaluation and use of environmental data during formation of environmental policy.